Your cart is currently empty.
Dog-Friendly Pumpkin Pupcake Recipe
These delicious DIY dog treats are easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. Try them topped with a TLC Whole Life Dog Biscuit!
Yield (depending on your size muffin tray)
4 Large pupcakes or 7 Mini pupcakes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (must be 100% pumpkin). Pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber and helps make this pupcake a festive treat!
- 1 banana. Bananas are included in TLC Whole Life Dog Biscuits and provide high levels of potassium and vitamin B6.
- 1 large egg. Whole eggs can be found in TLC Whole Life Pet Food, chosen for their high protein levels and superior bio-availability.
- 1 tbsp xylitol-free peanut butter. Pet safe peanut butter is an optional ingredient that helps add flavor your dog will love!
- 1 ¼ cup oat flour (or blended whole oats for a flour-like consistency). Oats supply carbohydrates, amino acids, and fiber to a dog’s diet. Oatmeal is one of the many nutritious ingredients found in TLC Pet Food.
- Decorate with: TLC Whole Life Dog Biscuits and unsweetened plain yogurt. TLC biscuits help maintain a healthy diet and provide a daily dosage of glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or low sodium butter/oil.
- Stir together the pumpkin puree, mashed banana, egg, and peanut butter.
- Slowly add in oat flour (blend your oats if needed) and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Place a cupful of batter in each muffin cup. You can fill to the top as the pupcakes will not rise.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting and serving.
- Optional Frosting: Add unsweetened plain yogurt to the top of your pupcakes before serving.
- Add a TLC Whole Life Dog Biscuit to the top of your pupcake for an extra cherry on top!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Note: Serve these treats in moderation. They do not replace a complete and balanced diet. We recommend serving one mini pupcake or ¼ of a large pupcake per day, depending on your dog’s size. If your dog has a sensitive stomach or allergies, we recommend consulting your veterinarian before serving.